Become a Member
The Made in DC program supports and promotes District makers. Enroll today and join a vibrant and creative business community.
Made in DC is a DC government program and certification operated by the Department of Small & Local Business Development. By applicable law, the Department will ask you to submit information to verify the following four criteria:
- Is your primary office/business located within the District of Columbia?
- Do you possess a current and active DC business license?
- Do you certify that either the majority owners are District residents or 51% or more of your employees are District residents?
- Can you certify that 51% of your product is designed, produced, assembled, or manufactured through a process involving intellectual property, ingredients, raw materials, or other components derived from the District of Columbia?
With our membership you will receive a profile on our website, access to technical assistance, workshops and trainings, and networking opportunities, and permission to utilize the Made in DC logo.
Some key initiatives of the program:
- Raise awareness of products designed, created, manufactured, or assembled in the District
- Maintain an online resource listing of products branded Made in DC
- Provide technical assistance and other business capacity building support
- Partner with area markets and vendors to support access to markets
- Developed an interactive network where designers and makers connect to spur local product innovation and partnerships
Have more questions? Send an email to Made.inDC@dc.gov or call (202) 727-3900.
>> Click Here to Register! <<